This kit is made of the best available products on the market. Such brands like Victron and Sunpower are vastly known among the solar community and used in various solar applications. You get what you pay for. These parts will serve you as long as the Sun shines in the sky. Hmmm….really? Well, in truth, these products are guaranteed to perform at their best for about 15-20 years. We call it a “DC kit” since the primary purpose is to run the DC loads such as DC pump, fan, lights, and many others. You might ask, what about the AC loads? The answer is yes, it is possible. We would add a component called “inverter” so it inverts 12VDC into 120VAC. We also do size and provide the wires (already crimped!) along with the overcurrent protection fuses.
There is a couple of reasons to use this small kit instead of a generator:
- Noise – the generator is noisy compared to the silent solar battery-inverter system.
- The fuel use – unless you are running a high-efficiency inverter-based generator. In general, generators are very inefficient at low loads. So it will be running at a constant rate burning lots of fuel even when you are using a couple of Watts at a time.
- The Carbon footprint – nowadays, it goes without saying that global warming-induced by humans affects everyone on Earth, therefore, there is a clear message told by mother nature “less carbon in the atmosphere is better for the generations to come.”
The ideal scenario for usage:
- The panels are mounted due South at about 20-40 degrees angle. You would get about 800Wh per day from March through September and 400Wh during winter in this scenario.
The less ideal scenario, the panels are flat on a roof:
- The panels are mounted flat at 0 degrees angle. You would get about 600Wh per day from March through September and 250Wh during the winter in this scenario.
What’s included with the 220W Solar RV, Marine Kit:
2x SunPower SPR-E-Flex-110
1x Victron charge controller MPPT 100/30
1x Enerwatt 88Ah 12V LiFePO4
1x Victon BMV-712 Smart Battery monitor
1x set of PV wire RED/BLACK with crimped MC4 connectors on one end (from panels to a charge controller)
1x set of 10 AWG wire RED/BLACK with crimped lugs on one end (from charge controller to a battery)
1x 80A battery fuse with a fuse holder